Frowzy Café
Welcome back! What has inspired you today?

POPULAR CONTENT NEWSLETTERS

Go down

POPULAR CONTENT NEWSLETTERS

Post by Cordelia on Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:11 am

So, some or all of you may have noticed that you received a fancy newsletter from us here at the Café recently. (Unless it went straight to spam, in which case you make me very sad. We are not spam here!)

Surprise!

To be fair, I'm just as surprised as you are, because I got one, too, and I didn't create it.

Here's the sitch: Forumotion added a new feature that sends out a "popular content" newsletter to forum members every 15 days, which is probably great on more active forums, but here you're going to see a lot of the same handful of posts show up in your inbox unless you do one (or both) of two things:

1) Be active in other threads and change the content being highlighted in the newsletters!

This is, by far, obviously my favorite of the two options, and I'm just as guilty as everyone else for not posting more frequently. If we all do a little more to remember to come back in and poke around, though, I think we can keep this place comfortably rolling.

2) Change you preferences.

To do this, go to where it says Welcome [Your Name] in the top navigation bar (see fig. a below) and click "Edit profile".

Inside your profile settings, you'll click "No" on "Allow newsletters: 'Popular Content'" (see fig. b below).

Obviously, I hope more of you are inspired by these newsletters to check back in and comment, and post and liven the place back up, but no one wants an inbox full of annoying newsletters, so I 100% support turning them off if they do you no good.

Thanks for sticking around with me, regardless. Y'all are the best. <3

- Cordy

Cordelia
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://frowzycafe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down