Frowzy Café
Welcome back! What has inspired you today?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Frowzy Café
Welcome back! What has inspired you today?
Frowzy Café
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion for Flash-Fiction Friday

2 posters

Go down

friday - Suggestion for Flash-Fiction Friday  Empty Suggestion for Flash-Fiction Friday

Post by Falcon-eyes Mon May 02, 2016 9:38 pm

Death can be a very powerful way to bring emotions into stories, and it can leave readers thinking. This is especially effective when the character we know and love is forced to make the ultimate sacrifice. Was their death in vain? Could their sacrifice been avoided?

I think a Flash-Fiction prompt that requires a death of either the main character or an equally important/lovable character would be interesting. The prompt could be ...and (his/her/my/their/character's name) soul departed.

Something like that. It's just a suggestion.
Falcon-eyes
Falcon-eyes

Back to top Go down

friday - Suggestion for Flash-Fiction Friday  Empty Re: Suggestion for Flash-Fiction Friday

Post by Cordelia Thu May 05, 2016 3:12 am

It's a very good suggestion, Falcon.  I would very much enjoy seeing what would come of a prompt like that.  Give me a few days to pull it together while I clean up the Flash Fiction section.

We're switching over to "contribute when you're inspired", rather than "produce every week", and occasionally stories will be chosen from those submitted for publication across our social media platforms.

I think death will intrigue a lot of writers. Very Happy
Cordelia
Cordelia
Admin
Admin

https://frowzycafe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

friday - Suggestion for Flash-Fiction Friday  Empty Re: Suggestion for Flash-Fiction Friday

Post by Falcon-eyes Thu May 05, 2016 5:52 am

Awesome! Thanks!

I look forward to seeing how this turns out.
Falcon-eyes
Falcon-eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down